Extended Day is in full swing but we always have room for your student to enroll.
If you are interested in enrolling please contact the Director Lisa Stone at email@example.com
Don’t forget about our first Early Release Friendship Themed Day on Thursday, October 5th!
Thank you for visiting our new website! We are so incredibly pleased with the site as it progresses and are hard at work daily completing it for the fall. During this time the teacher websites are not yet completed and we are still moving elements around and updating information.
In the fall, this will be the GO TO place for all information. However, if you cannot find the information in August, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly office staff members. They can help you find what you are looking for and if they cannot, they will find someone who can help!
Continue to enjoy your restful summer and we look forward to seeing you all at the end of the month!
SPS Technology Team
It’s important for you to have your library card so you can check out your materials at the library. Don’t miss out!
So, how about this? Take a picture of your card on your phone or download either the CardStar or KeyRing app, and put your card on there.
The next time you come to the Swampscott Public Library, show Janina and she’ll enter your name for a drawing to win a gift certificate to Popo’s. She might also give you a little gift just for participating…
Deadline for drawing will be July 5th, 2017
Big Blue Bargains is an all-volunteer, school run thrift store. We are open every Wednesday from 9:00-11:00 and Saturday from 9:00-1:00, with each school volunteering for a week. The school rotation schedule works out to just six hours every six weeks! The income received goes directly back to your school.
Since opening in 2012, we have donated $60,000 to the schools!
What’s in it for you if you volunteer?
- Less need to fundraise at your school or write a personal check
- Minimal time commitment
- Ample time to plan ahead to volunteer
- Fifty percent off the day you volunteer (at least 2 hrs)
- Minimal tagging of items due to new pricing system
- Helping the Swampscott community with recycle and reuse efforts
- Opportunity to connect with new people
Every school has a sign up coordinator who works on getting two volunteers for each day. We realize that committing to four hours on Saturday may be difficult. Therefore, we welcome flexibility with scheduling such as two volunteers working 9:00-11:00 and two working 11:00-1:00. We also welcome teachers, administrators, relatives, and students 15 years and older to volunteer for your school.
Go to our website, bigbluebargains.org, and click on the page “Link to Volunteer Sign Ups”. Here you will find the school coordinator information and the link to sign up to volunteer.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Coordinators: Clarke: Allison Duffy, Hadley: Val Sweeney, Stanley: Julie Phaneuf, SMS: Jen Townsend, SHS: Susan Gambal
To schedule a fingerprinting appointment online please follow the directions below or call 1-866-349-8130 to schedule appointment over the phone:
1. Go to the website: www.ma.ibtfingerprint.com and click “Schedule a New Appointment”
2. Under Agency/Sector please select “Pre-K-12th Grade Education”
3. If you hold a DESE License please select “Licensed Educator”
All others should select “All Other School Personnel”
4. Swampscott Public Schools Provider ID Code is 02910000. You may provide up to 10 district Provider ID Codes to eliminate the need to pay the fee multiple times. This should be done at the time you schedule your fingerprint appointment. Results will remain confidential and be filed in the Superintendent’s Office. You will only be contacted if results were found unsuitable.
Other Surrounding Provider ID Codes:
To find other districts please go to:http://profiles.doe.mass.edu/
For more information please visit:
For general questions about the new law and its requirements, please call the Executive Office of Education at (617) 979-8340
Swampscott Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
Ms. Pamela R. H. Angelakis, M.Ed.
Superintendent of Schools
207 Forest Avenue
Swampscott, MA 01907