Our new website is informative, dynamic, interactive, and user-friendly for families and the community. Now that this project is complete and in the interest of truly going green, we will no longer be sending any flyers (unless they are school related fundraisers) home to families (paper or email).
If you wish to post a flyer on this website, flyers should be school related, community-related, educational or non-profit and approval will be at the discretion of the Superintendent’s Office. All flyer requests should be sent in an ADA compliant format (see checklist below) and should have contact information on the flyer for parents/guardians along with an end date of when to be removed from this website or it will be removed at our discretion. For flyer approval, please contact Angela Chamberlin @ email@example.com.
Once a flyer is received and approved by the Superintendent’s Office a link to the flyer will be added to this website page.
The Swampscott Public School district neither endorses nor sponsors the organizations or activities represented in these flyers. The display of these materials is provided as a community service.
- The flyer has a way for people to request accommodations including contact person, phone, email
- The electronic flyer has alternative text for pictures (this is something that is typically a right click option that allows you to type in what is happening in the photo or graphic so folks who use a screen reader can hear what the photo is if they cannot see it)
- Electronic flyer text is not in text boxes or as a picture- all text has to be typed out so that a screen reader can capture it.
- Link to event website is included in the body of the e-mail when distributing the flyer as text spelled out. It can be a shortened link but it should be the address like www.raisefunds.net
instead of “click here!”
- Colors and font should be CLEAR. No funky texts that are hard to read. Easy to keep it simple with fonts in black with a white background so the contrast functions work